Free little ditty

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jfrancis, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
  2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I can't believe nobody has responded --- that is great stuff my friend. That is typically what I am looking for when I play a song in church --meaning, I am certain the music isn't written that way. But you take a basic song and "add" notes and rhythms very tastefully, to Jazz it up a bit. That is what I try to do -- find my own sound -------------------------of course if you say the MUSIC was written that way --- then I am a loss for words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!------------OH I just read your profile -- maybe YOU did write the music that way ---- anyways very cool!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  3. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    Hey bro . . . thanks for your very kind words - I love to play! I also love having new friends. Merry Christmas!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I am just hearing it for the first time as well. Very nice sound and I love this arrangement. Was this played in church or was it played over a background track?

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    good, I sent you a FRIEND REQUEST --- I think, anyways -- I've sent out 10 this last week on TM, but NO responders -- so maybe my computer is acting up -- stupid computer -- they are not all that friendly, are they?????????????? ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    It sounded like Gabriel swooped down and started jamming with the mortals.

7. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Just heard it. Very nice! Enjoyed it.

8. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    It's good stuff. Great intonation. Well recorded.

9. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    Wow thanks folks - Merry Christmas. Here are the dirty details:
    I used the new Tascam Digital Portastudio and recorded all the tracks. It is an 8-track machine. I used a mix of live percussion and Band in A Box to generate the tracks. Then I played over that. So the singing and handclapping are mine as well as the djembe and conga work.

I am researching producing my first CD this year. I finally feel like I have the funds and the wherewithal to do the project, and I feel like I can focus on it.

Thanks for your very kind comments.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    your first CD? -the only question I have is --- why not?, or "why has it taken you so long?" -- "don't keep withholding all that great stuff from the rest of the world!" -- get cracking my friend the New Year is starting next week!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL