Free Master Class - March 28 10:30 AM Chicago Suburbs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Mar 10, 2009.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Folks,

I'll be giving a free master class on advanced trumpet methods and self-directed learning with trumpet. This is open to anyone who can get here! This clinic will be given right in my lab, room 151, at New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, on March 28 at 10:30 AM.

I'll be posting to my website very soon with more details including an outline of what I plan on covering.

I'll also have my collection of Wedge and Asymmetric mouthpieces as well as my NYTC Stage 1 California Light, Stage 1 Model GS cornet and Stage 1 California C trumpet. I'll even have my Eclipse flugelhorn there. Needless to say, I have CD's sold at a discount there, too.

As far as what I want to reach out to folks with is the idea that if I CAN figure out how to play better, ANYONE CAN! This will be as much about how I figured things and and am still learning as it is about what I specifically do. I want to empower you with ideas that you can take home and start your own building process.

Once again, this is FREE as this is a sponsored event.

So if you are in the Chicago area, feel free to stop on by! I'll post here again as I get more details on my website. Please do let me know if you're thinking about attending by posting here. The last time I did this, I had enough seats in my lab - a large classroom.

Thanks! Stay tuned!

Nick Drozdoff

2. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    You're amazing.

I wish I could go, but I live in NY and have a musical performance that day.

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks, Will! We'll miss you, but have a great gig!

I have just posted the first draft of the lecture outline on my home page as a news item.

Nick Drozdoff :: Home

Please have a look at this. I'll be refining this as I get closer to the date.

Nick

4. Rushtucky

Rushtucky Pianissimo User

Sep 15, 2008
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nick,

This is a tremendous opportunity for many. I have a concert Friday night, but if I can get my wife to drive me up and "gulp" a lot of Starbucks, I would like to stop by. I would very much enjoy meeting you.

This could be tight. However, if I can not make it I would like to take a "rain check" and perhaps meet you sometime when I am in Chicago.

5. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
    Great initiative, but we just live too far apart...

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Now where's Scotty when you need him?
    veery

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

I'll be grateful for the opportunity to meet whoever can get here! With other folks we can meet online, as it were. I'm pleased folks are so busy.

Nick

8. NickD

NickD Forte User

U of I will be on spring break that weekend. It's a little complicated, but I could use some help with getting the word out to U of I students about the little master class in a bit more of an underground street-team effort. If any of you here could let folks know, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

Nick

9. NickD

NickD Forte User

Ok, the directions for my free master class re now posted at Nick Drozdoff :: Home . They are at the bottom of the announcement on the home page and just after the outline of the program.

Hope to see you there!

Nick

10. Hoghorn

Hoghorn Pianissimo User

Dec 30, 2008
    Manitowoc Wi.
    Nick,
    I would love to come meet you and attend your class, although I'm playing that evening and will not be able to attend. Please let all of us know if you do this again as I would be interested in attending, just to prove you CAN teach an old dog new tricks !!

Thanks Nick

Jack Naus