Free Master Class - March 28 10:30 AM Chicago Suburbs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Mar 10, 2009.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Jack,

I don't see "old dog" or "young dogs." I just see "dogs with various levels of experience" that may or may not have anything to do with our personal number of trips around the sun! ;-)

ANYONE can learn! ANYONE can accomplish whatever they want to. In the long run it just takes desire, persistence, introspection and love.

FWIIW, the 3/28 master class is scheduled from 10:30 AM till noonish. I wanted to make sure folks with gigs could split in time and still have a chance to air out all the ideas discussed.

I will try to video tape it. What I do with the tapes remains to be seen.

2. NickD

NickD Forte User

On final post here. I have had a few solid "planning on being there's" in posts and private emails. In all honesty, I have NO IDEA how many will show up for my free master class tomorrow morning (3/28/09) at New Trier, but whether one shows up or one hundred, I plan on the same presentation. Now, even though half the class will be lecture/demo oriented the other half will be hands on. I want folks to try out the ideas I want to discuss to give them a chance to internalize the concepts so that they can go home and continue on their own. In other words this will be a unified exploration! I do hope to see you there. There are directions on the web site and I'll have some family there to show you in if you get tangled up a bit. It is a big building and my lab is tucked away on the north central side.

Nick

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

My thanks to the trumpeters who were able to attend my little master class today. We went for two hours straight and got a lot of ideas covered. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am grateful for the opportunity to share with my comrades in trumpet! Alas, when I got there I found I had the wrong digital video tape so I wasn't able to tape it. We'll just have to do this again, sometime!

Nick