Free PDF music downloads.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Josh Rzepka, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Josh Rzepka

Josh Rzepka New Friend

Sep 15, 2010
  2. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Josh,

Thanks. Always looking for such to practice sight reading. Enjoyed the clips too. Nice easy fresh sound.

3. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Thanks Josh - and really nice sounds coming from my headphones as I write this! Also, that's an interesting looking horn in the "Midwest Coast" album cover - can I ask what sort it is?

--bumblebee

4. Josh Rzepka

Josh Rzepka New Friend

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks! Glad you are diggin the tunes.

The trumpet in the "Midwest Coast" album cover is a custom modified Schilke B1. It has 1/8 in brass sheet heavy braces (bell to leadpipe and bell curve/tuning slide), as well as a bell over bell (formerly a tenor trombone bell) with custom cutouts. It really plays great, I use it from time to time. It is NOT a good section horn, way too big a sound to blend. I did the custom work myself at IIR (Indorf Instrument Repair). I used that trumpet on one track from that album, "Three for Me" - where I am playing in harmon mute. It is by far the best harmon trumpet there is. lol.

5. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    Josh, Your free PDF downloads are a nice gift to the younger trumpet players here that will enjoy listening to your audio then learning to play along with the written music. I did that with Herb Alpert when I started playing the trumpet.

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Love the free music. As Chuck said, great gift!!

7. Josh Rzepka

Josh Rzepka New Friend

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks!

8. Josh Rzepka

Josh Rzepka New Friend

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks! Glad you enjoy them.

- Josh