Free trumpet ad on the forum board??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet guy, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Trumpet guy

Trumpet guy Forte User

Feb 9, 2008
    California
    I got the Berkeleys last year. The cornet is terrible except for it's valves because it gets flater and flatter as you go up. The picc is workable, has decent intonation, valves that move (but only if you push them exactly parallel to the casings), but the third slide is too long so all the 23 notes are flat unless you pull out to A. I plan on somehow getting rid of the cornet and trading up the picc once I have the money to get either a stomvi or a scherzer.

2. sinofian

sinofian Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2008
    Central Florida
    From what I've seen, that's pretty much how it works... you sign up/ purchase enough items from enough of their 'sponsors' & they send you the 'free' horn.

That being said, I've actually seen it work. A few people on another discussion forum that I frequent used a similar promo to get a 'free' Gibson guitar. Granted, they had to spend A LOT of time sifting through/ signing up for various online 'deals' and probably opened themselves up to tons of spam. But, in the end, they did get a guitar (which, coincidentally, was shipped from Musicians Friend, who are owned by the same company as WWBW).

My opinion: there's no such thing as a free lunch. You can either work to save up enough $$$ to buy the horn outright or spend enough time & $$$ online to 'earn' it. Either way, you're paying for the horn.