Free trumpet stuuf

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ebjazz, May 23, 2013.

1. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Hi everybody;
    Since I updated my website, people have had trouble finding the free stuff so here are the new links.

The Complete Arban Scales The Arban Manual - Bolvin Music Studios

The Complete St. Jacome Flexibilites Saint Jacome Manual | Bolvin Music Studios

Swing drum loops The Modern Jazz Trumpet Method - Bolvin Music Studios

YouTube Listening Assignment The Really Big Student Songbook - Bolvin Music Studios

Free chart & Play-Along Combo Arrangements And Play-Alongs - Bolvin Music Studios

Free lessons MusicNet - Free Online Music Lessons by Bolvin Music Studios

Have fun!

Eb

Eric Bolvin
    Bolvin Music Studios | Official website of bay area musician and educator Eric Bolvin

J. Jericho likes this.
  2. Randall Nelson

Randall Nelson Mezzo Piano User

Nov 26, 2011
    WA State
    Thanks Eric,

Your Modern Jazz Trumpet Method is on my stand and nearly every day I find myself running through some of the Arpeggios 7-9 and 16 or one of the Range Builder series at some point. "Repeat Until Clean..." is a mantra for all my practice.

By the way....I'm sure glad I watched the video #2 today and heard you say some of these things are hard...You are not kidding. :-) Glad to hear YOU say it.

Great book..!!

Best,
    Randy

3. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Randy! Some days, it's all hard...

Eb

4. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi Eric, thanks for that. Thought I'd take the opportunity to recommend your "Flex on the move" book to TMers. This book provides way more interesting and beneficial exercises than the same ol' lip slurs that I'd been using. It's now part of my daily routine.

tj

5. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks TJ! Look for my buddy Steve Hall down in OZ.

Eb

6. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aaah - I haven't met Steve but I did buy the Conn 22b in the list below from him. Funny story about that horn. Steve mentioned in his eBay ad that it felt a bit stuffy to blow but I thought I'd take a roll of the dice as it was a good price. Turns out the 2nd and 3rd valves were swapped around. In these horns the ports are ***almost*** in the same positions on the 2nd and 3rd valves. If you think that sounds crazy, I noticed the rotational alignment was out on the third valve and made a new valve guide to compensate (didn't think to check the other valves -doh!). It played better but still not great until one day whilst oiling the valves I noticed the numbers on the valves - mystery solved (blush).

Thanks again for your videos. I've been telling anyone who'll listen about them. The basic videos on improv provided a real breakthrough for me. A few months and a whole stack of work later, I'm happily standing up and blowing improv solos at every opportunity - even in the mongrel keys that guitarists use:-)

7. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wonderful resources, Eric. Thank you!
    Jim

8. ebjazz

ebjazz Pianissimo User

Aug 12, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    You're welcome Jim!

Eb