"Freebell"?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Tootsall, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    A trumpet being manufactured in Germany is featured on a website http://www.freebell.de/ . The site is in German, however it has an interesting video clip showing the bending of a trumpet bell bow and some pictures of a cornet that look amazingly like something what you would expect if a Taylor Zeus got loose in Dave Monette's shop! (or if Dave's "decorator" got loose in Andy Taylor's place).

From the front page, click on "Einleitung" and then on "Video" (doooh). For the cornet, "Katalog", "Heavy 2000 B-Kornett".

(Sorry I had to use the word "Zeus" in the Wild West... but after all.... Andy was calling one of his cornet models "Zeus" before Alex had his brainwave).

2. FREEBELLTRUMPET

FREEBELLTRUMPET New Friend

Apr 21, 2004
    Germany
    Freebell-trumpet

Hi tootsall,
    I'm a trumpet player and I also work for Freebell-Instrumentenbau, here in Germany.
    We are working right now on the translation for the web site , it's taking forever... ( that's the reason we cannot work on trumpets ) hahaha
    As soon as we're finished I'll let you know.
    If you have any particular questions, you can send me an email.

Martin

3. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    I couldn't find the link to get to it! :cry:

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Annie,

Try Clicking Here! It worked for me ... but I must admit the front page if I didn't know it was a trumpet ad, I might think they were selling something else. :?

All in German, with a tightly dressed girl zzzzz ..... Interesting looking Flugelhorn though.

M&C

5. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    Re: Freebell-trumpet

martin:

i ran across your site last year. the girl looks EXACTLY like one of my students. she & my fellow faculty members got a good chuckle out of it.
    who is the model you-all used?

dj

6. FREEBELLTRUMPET

Apr 21, 2004
    Germany
    Hi Dj,
    the girl on the web site is a model!!!
    Our web site designer met her in a cafe and ask her if she wants to pose for a web site.
    I never met her,don't know her name,did not get any coffee with her and cannot give you any more information about the girl.
    I hope we will be finished with the translation by the end of the week.

Greetings
    Martin

7. alanbach

alanbach Pianissimo User

Dec 10, 2003
    South Wales U.K.
    That flugelhorn really does look beautiful. It certainly would make the audience curious if played at a British Brass Band contest. I love the look of it....wonder how it plays?

8. FREEBELLTRUMPET

Apr 21, 2004
    Germany
    Hi there,
    We translated the web site, but we took the video off because we're going to make a different video. It's coming soon.

Greetings from Germany,
    Martin

9. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I'm curious why the @#$! the heavy flugel has a TRACTOR engraved in the bracing?!

10. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Very strange engravings. The trim seems for decoration and not for any kind of real bracing. Why a tractor, some treble clef notes, and french horn looking thing and a bugle looking thing?

I did find it a bit strange looking. But, I feel the same way about Monette horns too and even the Edwards horns. I guess it is the future. But probably not mine.

M&C