FreeHandMusic

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dave Mickley, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    has anyone used Free Hand Music?? a person came up to me in church today and needed the trumpet and piano part for Trumpeters Lullaby by tuesday [3/1/11]. got on the net and saw that they send pdf files but was concerned that since it only showed the trumpet part that the piano score didn't come with it, he already has the trumpet part but I wanted both parts to be the same arrangement. I have never purchased music over the net in a pdf format. hoping someone here can give me some info. Thank You

2. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    IMO Freehand is sketchy. They don't use paypal. I don't have conclusive evidence, but I recently got a new credit card and used ten times and had the number stolen, one of those times was purchasing sheet music on freehand.

The only problem is that they didn't offer a paypal option, I read somewhere they were "trying to convert over, but there code was too convoluted to permit that", which just smells rotten.

3. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Thank you, that scares me away. I guess that I'll keep looking elsewhere.

4. Gliss Girl

Gliss Girl Pianissimo User

Aug 31, 2009
    Portland, MI
    Hi, Dave,

I use Free Hand Music and get things to play in church from there. I find it really good for immediate gratification, and reasonably priced. After you register, you download the site's Solero software which allows you to print two copies of anything you download. It has a good MIDI player too. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an accompaniment for Trumpeter's Lullaby. I've gotten solo piano accompaniments from there to go with several pieces. It was recommended to me by my teacher who also likes using it.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Mezzo Forte User

Jul 14, 2010
    It was great until paranoia struck, I wish they would switch.

Here is the post I am talking about, sigh paypal :dontknow:

FreeHandMusic.com Forum • View topic - PayPal! 'nuff said.