French Besson-Kanstul

Discussion in 'Horns' started by jman, Apr 8, 2004.

1. jman

jman New Friend

Apr 2, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey folks,

I read through an earlier post in this forum about Kanstul making some horns for B-H (the international besson was mentioned), so I checked out a French Besson that I had at home to see if maybe it was made by Kanstul as well. Sure enough, at the bottom of the second valve casing theres a small stamp that reads "Zigmant Kanstul." Interesting!

-jc

2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Hi,

Yep and most of the Kanstul made F Bessons I've played were all good trumpets. I had a Marvin Stamm for a while (my brother now plays it) and it's a very good trumpet.

Regards

Trevor

3. jman

jman New Friend

Apr 2, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Good info.! I've played that French Besson for about 20 years, and it has been an excellent horn.

-jc

4. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Mine does not appear to say Kanstul anywhere on the horn. It is seriel # 174XX Does this mean it's not a Kanstul made horn? Anyone know how to get the skoop?

-dH

5. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Yep... just send the serial number to Kanstul and they'll tell you if they made it or not.

6. dHoff

dHoff Pianissimo User

Feb 13, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    thanks...

7. TheGlue

TheGlue New Friend

Nov 12, 2003
    LB French Besson Meha

I will be selling a kanstul made french besson in the next couple of weeks. Feel free to email me if you're interested.

-Erik

8. drac

drac Pianissimo User

Mar 9, 2004
    Lucky Pierre.....

9. DaveH

DaveH Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    I have a French Besson Classic/Najoom leadpipe with a serial number of 16874. It simply says 460(bore size) on the bottom of the second valve casing, below the serial number.

I bought it from a reliable dealer who insisted it was Kanstul production.

I emailed Kanstul and am waiting on a reply...

10. DaveH

DaveH Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    I have received confirmation that my above posted French Besson Classic was, in fact, made by Kanstul.

I would further indicate that it is a very fine horn, and any limitations that exist are on my part as the player.