Friday's concert

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Tarter_trpt8, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Tarter_trpt8

Tarter_trpt8 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    Hey Manny,

I just wanted to tell you that the concert was amazing last night. You were right in it being: massive, powerful, lyrical, funny, and a standard. I felt all of those throughout the whole piece and totally understood every one of them. Hearing you guys makes me want to practice double what I already do. I just can't get carried away and kill my chops.. :-o

Anyways, it was a real treat to hear you play again and I look forward to it all semester. I was planning on coming to meet you by those stairs in the back where you come up but didn't know if it would have been ok. For future reference, would it be a big deal?

One more the end of the last movement when you played those high C's (atleast I'm pretty sure they were high C's on C trumpet?) coming off of the B flats, you rocked the mess out of those. The orchestra is loud, but when you play Manny, it's all bolas! It made my night....

Good luck the rest of this weekend!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    "Hearing you guys makes me want to practice double what I already do."

That's the nicest thing you could say as it makes my job very worthwhile. Thanks.

"For future reference, would it be a big deal to meet you by those stairs?"

That's one of the pleasures of my job, meeting people that take the time to come back to tell me they enjoyed the show. Come anytime and meet the other boys.

Come again!