Frustrating week!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dizforprez, Oct 1, 2004.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    Last week I was having one of my best weeks ever on the horn. I had all of my etudes and assigned material pretty much “up to snuffâ€. I was looking to walk into my lesson tomorrow 100 % ready( ok at least 99%)

Now fast forward to this week; between a mild flu and too much piccolo playing I am somehow back to having too much tension in my playing. Etudes I could play easily last weekend have lost weeks worth of progress. I seem to have tension in my throat again as well.

All and all this week has been VERY FRUSTRATING!! :evil:

[ sorry sometimes i just need to rant :roll: ]

2. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Awe, just take a day to relax. You're a good player and teacher, it'll come back.

I know when I was feeling the same way about a year or so ago, someone mentioned to me to go back and play something you haven't played in a while, like in years. It made me giddy when I did that.

3. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    hey Annie!

It is coming back slowly, but I tell you I really hate it when I do stupid stuff!

The main thing that ticks me off was that I was hoping to floor my teacher tomorrow with the progress I had made this month. guess i will have to wait on that one :roll:

Sometimes I forget how many bad habits I once had and how delicate the balance is for me to play correctly. IT doesn’t take but a day or two of stupidity on my part to foul things up. But I am getting smarter about things….Any way breaks over time to practice!

Back to my flow studies
    :evil:

by the way, how are your lessons going?

take care,

jason