Full naked lady engraving on 80a 1923

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by kthrusttrumpet, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kthrusttrumpet

kthrusttrumpet Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2009
    [​IMG]

I get this fo 50 bucks...i have not even started to clean it....has anyone ever seen a full naked lady on a cornet....on the conn site this may be a 00 finish " Quadruple gold plate, completely hand burnished, bell richly engraved "....the valves all work well ( very dirty will clean up )....small dent in bell that will come out ect....for the pic i took a little silver polish but what should i use to poloish gold...:-)....the image is a full butt and breast shot of the lady with wings and she is holding a wand...it may be hard to see everything on the pic cause i took it fast etc

2. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    If that's not inspiration to practice, I don't know what is. :)

3. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Maybe it's more inspiration to CLEAN ROFL

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    So THAT'S what the postings on Ebay are about,IE: Naked Lady:oops:

Ted, ROFLROFL:roll:

5. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Solar Bell turned me on to a good cleaner for gold - window cleaner without ammonia! Works great! I've been using Method - it even smells like lavender!

6. jonterman

jonterman Pianissimo User

Jan 4, 2009
    $50...you stole that!...um, I mean I'll give you $100 for it:-)

Seriously, I've yet to see a 'full naked lady' on an 80A - I know in good condition other models with that engraving fetch quite a bit of $$ on ebay.

Nice grab - post more pics when you get a chance.

7. kthrusttrumpet

Jun 23, 2009
    It is amazing now that I looked under a magnifying glass how detailed this thing is ! Above the Naked Lady there is a image of what looks like a dog with its tongue sticking out...there are other things I can't quite understand that are not just flowers. I did take some non ammonia glass cleaner and gently polish it earlier. I was wondering also...there are places that look like a little pitting and a few where there are tiny spots of gunk on the surface. What can be used to cut thru these surface imperfections without screwing the finish up. I am moving very slowly with this one...no hurry to mess it up by being an anxious bone head !!! Also the valves are fine...inside the ports are/were some green goop....I took a little soap and cue tips a got alot of it off. Also on the valves there are dark almost oil like stains. I rubbed very lightly with soap and a soft rag and it seems to take these stains off. But again I don't want to do something dumb. What do you think would clean this dark stuff off the valves easier than soap. What would be a BAD idea to clean the valves with. I did clean out the valve chambers with a brush and soap and they are fine. In fact the valves even in this condition are really fast. It has the 80a mechanism. I think it is all there except the wire that connects the v1 and v3. I don't quite understand the way this totally works....the slides are stuck and I am going to take it to my horn Monday to free them. Time to ZZZZZZZZZZZ it is late:-o....have gig tonight. Will check back later this afternoon...kenny
    PS will post more pics as this progresses.:cool:

8. jonterman

jonterman Pianissimo User

Jan 4, 2009
    I would just let the valves soak in warm water with dish detergent and scrub them with a nylon brush.

But truthfully, if I had a gold plated Conn w/full naked lady cornet I would send it off to Mark Metzler and have him clean it up (but wait until he's done with mine). He is a magician and does great work with Conns. You will spend more than you paid for your horn, but will end up with a gem.

9. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    That is soooooooo cool!!! Way to go and congrats!
    Once you get it cleaned, can you send us the picture? I'm thinking that with computerized engraving as precise as it is today, your newly found treasure might spark a new fad.
    Heck, just from what I see on your horn makes me want to get an engraving of the famous picture of Jennifer Anisten where she's setting naked wearing only a man's tie(many of you know the picture I mean).

10. kthrusttrumpet

Jun 23, 2009
    I will for sure post more pics as i clean her up....I suppose we could put an image of anyone on our horns today ( hahaa ha )...:evil:...I wonder who was the model for the Original Naked Lady ????:-? .....oh well we will never know the Conn records were destroyed along time ago !!!!!:-(