Full naked lady engraving on 80a 1923

Discussion in 'Vintage Trumpets / Cornets' started by kthrusttrumpet, Jun 3, 2010.

1. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    lthrusttrumpet,

You might check the link that addresses (not "dresses" ;-)) the naked lady engraving at:

The Conn Loyalist

Best wishes,

Lloyd

2. kthrusttrumpet

kthrusttrumpet Pianissimo User

Jun 23, 2009
    thx Lloyd...i live on that site cause i play and trade saxes also...speaking of the naked Lady...here are some interesting engravings on what they called " Virtuoso Deluxe " on saxes...I believe this Full Naked Lady on my cornet falls into this level Deluxe....the interesting thing is I have searched and can not find a Full Naked Lady on anything Conn at least that displays a fully unclothed body shot ( backside and breast ) like the one I lucked out on. If anyone finds one similar in that respect please post or provide a link. :grouphug:
    Photo Gallery :: SaxPics.com

3. Bizsmom

Bizsmom New Friend

May 14, 2010
    North Georgia
    Equal opportunity: I'm looking for a trumpet with a naked man on it.

No, wait: Naked is not a good look for a man. :-P

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    ROFL:roll::-o:-P:dontknow::oops:

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    :noway:Oh this thead is so ripe for the picking - :oops:

NO, I'M NOT GOING TO GO THERE :shhh:

6. Indian

Indian Piano User

Jul 30, 2006
    South East
    Conn did have Pan, "The Piper" without clothes, does that count???

7. kthrusttrumpet

Jun 23, 2009
    Wow I found some really stunning engravings...alot of them are on saxes but some on trumpets too etc....as you scroll down .....the first Conn trumpet/cornet that you see closely resembles the exact type of work that is on mine ( although there is NO Naked Lady ) however the dog you see with the open mouth and the tongue sticking out is on mine above my Naked Lady....they even say the guys name who did it " Julius Stenberg " ( maybe he did mine... sure looks like his work :thumbsup: )....Ladys on the thread my wife said the same thing " where are all the naked dudes on these old trumpets !!!! I guess all the engravers were guys !!!!!!! Are you :shock:
    Also there are some examples of pretty unclothed ladys !!!!:-o I guess mine is not alone in her bare condition of artist vision hahahahahaa.;-)
    PS...it looks like Conn was not the only company employing the Naked Lady Theme ! :evil:
    PSS...still there is no exact example of my Lady with the wings and wand and hat pictured from the back I have found !! :D These engraving guys seemed to have mixed things up pretty well. Besides the ladys there are other stunning engravings of castles and birds and landscapes etc....this is interesting stuff ! Check it out. :play:
    The Engraving Gallery

8. kthrusttrumpet

Jun 23, 2009
    I noticed i spelled ladies ladys....i'm not that dumb....only once in a while !!! :-? :-?
    :roll: :-P :roll:
    ROFL

9. bwoodard

bwoodard New Friend

Nov 2, 2009
    Michigan
    I second the suggestion to send it to Mark Metzler. He is one of the best and specializes in Conns. I would trust him with any of my horns and have. My 80A restoration is shown on his examples page.

10. kthrusttrumpet

Jun 23, 2009
    Bob Is yours the one with the Lady on it ?