full ride scholarships for trumpet and music majors?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by houdaddy, Oct 1, 2012.

1. houdaddy

houdaddy New Friend

Sep 18, 2012
    Hello,

My brother is looking at schools next year and is wondering which schools offer full rides for trumpet or music majors who play trumpet. He has won many competitions and has been to State two years in a row in Texas as a sophomore and a junior (probably will be as a senior too). Any help on who offers full rides and which schools are best for music majors would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Honestly, no one, if any. He has to be really good! I know quite a few people who boast that and more and didn't get full rides. My school, Sam Houston (you are probably in the Houston area so you've probably heard) offers the Fisher Tull full endowment scholarship to 1 person. Are you ATSSB or TMEA? Either way it means none or very little, NTC, and things like that make a difference. If you think he is that good, try a conservatory like Eastmen or Curtis. UNT will laugh. Maybe A&M Commerce, they would be the best bet.

3. houdaddy

houdaddy New Friend

Sep 18, 2012
    Thanks. Yea I am just trying to get preliminary info. He has been invited to Idylwild the past 2 summers. He was first chair their as well. Also been invited to Baylor camps the past 2 years. Keep the help coming please!

4. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Then try Baylor, they had bigger scholarships this year but tuition went up.

Tell him to audition for NTC

5. daniel117

daniel117 Pianissimo User

Jun 28, 2012
    :D haha guess ill see u next year at sam houston
    going there after graduation

6. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    Come up sometime! You are always more than welcome. I would advise taking a lesson with Mr. Adams, he is AMAZING.

7. daniel117

daniel117 Pianissimo User

Jun 28, 2012
    haha yea sure ill go n look