Funny Brass Band video

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by New York Brass Band, Apr 3, 2012.

1. New York Brass Band

New York Brass Band New Friend

Apr 2, 2012
  2. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Brass Bands don't have saxophones in.

3. New York Brass Band

Apr 2, 2012
    Tell that to Rebirth Brass Band, Youngblood Brass Band, Soul Rebels Brass Band!!

I didn't see many UK northern monkey brass bands picking up Grammy Awards this year!

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Let's keep it civil guys........

5. New York Brass Band

Apr 2, 2012
    Will do! Some Yorkshire folk are a bit protective of their traditional brass band format

I'm enjoying the new Soul Rebels Brass Band CD 'Unlock Your Mind' its very good!

6. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Not at all, but a name suggests a type of music. I bet if people went to see a Black Dyke Symphony Orchestra they'd expect to see a few strings? Your band is entertaining and has some good musicians, but it is not a Brass Band any more than Grimethorpe Colliery Band is a Jazz Band.

7. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Brass Band or not, it makes people want to dance! Is it not the most important here?

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    It's a brass band in the style of the traditional New Orleans brass bands. I suppose saxamophones are made of brass...

9. New York Brass Band

Apr 2, 2012
    The definition and instrumentation of a brass band in the village of Grimethorpe is different to the definition of a brass band in New Orleans. They are all brass bands ( although ones with a tenor sax may not be able to register with the Yorkshire Brass Band Association). Brass bands have existed in Nola for just about as long as they have existed in the Yorkshire Dales!

Many years ago I heard Grimethorpe Brass Band attempt to play jazz under the baton of W. Hogarth Lear. So I know that Grimethorpe Colliery Band are not a jazz band. However they are not a Colliery band as the pit closed many years ago! I think we are splitting hairs here! The concept of the Black Dyke Symphony Orchestra sounds very exciting

10. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    There is always at least one crazy old lady dancing at any live music event, even in the UK, eh?