Funny Brass Band video

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by New York Brass Band, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    NYBB sorry I do think you've got the wrong end of my stick I like your music, and the sound and bear in mind I have seen you guys in the flesh as it were. What I honestly just dont get is why you called yourself that. You obviously know what a lets say "Proper" Brass Band is to an awful lot of people in England. I would have gone with Jazz Band. Dixie Band for your own sake so as not to confuse the issue. You are UK Based so why fly so far in the face of tradidtion. However I will for the benfit of the others on here tell you the clips don't do any sort of justice to you guys and your sound. Live and in St Helen's Square is it you guys are fab and the public love to hear you. I have seen more smiles on faces around you guys than many other groups.

Cheers

Andy

2. New York Brass Band

New York Brass Band New Friend

Apr 2, 2012
    Hi Andy thanks for your kind comment!

The name of the band stimulates interest, people come up and ask questions and want to find out more!

We are not a Dixieland band!!!! No banjo no clarinet we have the same line up as the Hot 8 Brass Band and the Soul Rebels Brass Band so I'd maintain we are a brass band!

3. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    Okay lets just agree to differ on that one at least you aren't a rubber band

Cheers
    A