Funny thought

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Feb 6, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    This may or may not be a stupid question. But just take a second and think about it. I was sitting here listening to Jens play Rising Sun and the funniest thought entered my head:

What do you think would happen if everyone in the world was a trumpet player? :D

I think that either noone would excel as much as they do today (there wouldn't be people like Jens or Arturo) or people like that would be much more than what they are now.
    OR...everyone in the world would buid up a immunity to headaches.

Your thoughts :D :D
    (Man this is a stupid topic but I need to promote myself to mezzo forte in the TM ranks - I should really be practicing).

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I think if everyone played trumpet, we would soon adapt to the instrument and it would actualy be part of our bodies! We would learn to literaly speak though the trumpet. For example, if you wanted to say "hello, my name is Ted and I like eating grasshoppers," you would play C4 Eb5 F5 B5 E5 Db5 (hello my name is ted) and then G6 Db6 C6 Bb5 (I like eating) and F#5 G6 C7 (grasshoppers).

3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    If everyone was a trumpeter, every sentence would get faster and higher towards it's climax.

Cornet players would be an underclass.

4. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    fife and drum I think is close enough, and bagpipes are a woodwind also, you see those type of groups around too

5. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    has anyone thought that maye there would be a different kind of trumpet invented??? :-o

E.

6. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    They would call it the saxophone, and all would be well :evil:

7. trumpetpat

trumpetpat Pianissimo User

Nov 17, 2005
    Maine
    i think trumpetmike nailed it