G Bugles for sale cheap at the Troopers website.

Discussion in 'Horns' started by MUSICandCHARACTER, Aug 11, 2004.

1. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  2. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
  3. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    Hehe, I will never play a dynasty or DEG again unless I am paid to (or unless I march again). Oh man, they were as bad as half the eBay horns I've played. Ugh!

4. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    I heard they were kind of like Jupiter -- making some mediocre horns (being nice) but seem to have got their act together more in recent years. I doubt the Carolina Crown would play dogs for even one season. But, I haven't played a recent one so I cannot say.

But hey, a decent flugel (even if it is in G) for $200. Not bad.

5. hazmat

hazmat New Friend

Dec 27, 2003
    Central Massachusetts
    Well the ones we played were made in 2001-2002 (Boston Crusaders 2002). Trust me. They were awful. And they are still playing on them. We made them sound better and play more in tune by opening up the bores and filling in the rim on the bell with solder. But they were still really bad. But when you learn to play really well on one of those and come back to a pro horn... you can just imagine.

6. uatrmpt

uatrmpt Piano User

Nov 29, 2003
    AL
    The fact that Crown only used those Da-nasties (Dynasty's) for two years and decided to sell their entire brassline to go with Kings might be telling.

7. MUSICandCHARACTER

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    Well, if what you guys say it true, they will have a hard time selling for $450.

If they get REAL low, I might buy one just to see.

Jim