G. Lablanc Info Please

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dnapicker, May 23, 2008.

1. dnapicker

dnapicker New Friend

May 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have a G Lablanc, number 15733. On the valves, 31, 32, 33. It has a 2 headed coin near the right spit valve. It says Made In France. It has a thumb slide as well. I don't know the gut details about this horn. Ive had it for about 25 years. Bought it in a pawn shop for a song and dance. Any info about it's age or what it's worth will help.

thanks, robin

2. ZeuSter

ZeuSter Pianissimo User

May 22, 2004
    First of all , it is spelled
    LEBLANC , and there is a website Welcome to the world of Leblanc,
    but I don't think that you will have any luck getting a info . Judging from personal experience your serial # is from the early '60's. Which model is it , a Sonic 707 or 708, or is it a Symphonie model?

3. screamingmorris

screamingmorris Mezzo Forte User

Apr 4, 2007
    A few months ago there was a thread in another Web site in which people said that it is impossible to get such information from the Leblanc company because Leblanc itself says that it only keeps records going back about 5 years, to the year 2000 at most.

- Morris

4. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Go to Horn-u-copia and scroll down to the leBlanc :-)thread. There is a history of the company and many later changes of ownership. Go down to the trumpets thread and there is a photo of a 707 Sonic, serial 15750? cir. 1957? which may be like yours.
    A later post on that horn questions the build date and thinks it may be late 60's or early 70's. Good lUck!