Gardner-Webb University - Timothy Hudson

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jazz9, Feb 11, 2009.

1. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Hello everyone.

I was just wondering who all has heard of Gardner-Webb University and the trumpet teacher there, Tim Hudson. I met Mr. Hudson and really liked him a lot. I am looking to try and attend in the fall, and I would like to know a little more about it from people who are outside of the program (opinions, impressions etc.). I know of the ensembles and have met a few of the music staff, I just want some opinions and things about the music program and/or trumpet teacher. Thanks!

jazz9

2. Brasil66

Brasil66 Pianissimo User

Sep 11, 2008
    Southeast
    I know Tim and spent a number of years playing beside him over 20 years ago. I have nothing but the highest praise for Tim. Few people could work harder. He's first class. Greensboro, New England Conservatory (that, or Eastman), and Indiana University. The guy knows what he's doing. Don't know too much about Gardner Webb, though it's about an hour away. But NC's a pretty place to be anywhere you go. JC

3. Bob Grier

Bob Grier Forte User

May 4, 2007
    Greensboro, NC
    I've known Tim since he was in High School in the 1980s. He has become one of the finest trumpet players/teachers anywhere. You would be very fortunate to study with him

4. jazz9

jazz9 Piano User

Dec 5, 2007
    Chilhowie, VA
    Thanks everyone! That's what I've gathered for the most part, and Gardner-Webb is still in my college consideration. I really enjoyed meeting and doing a little playing with Mr. Hudson.