Gerard Schwarz

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by ROGERIO, Aug 19, 2005.

1. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Happy Birthday Gerard Schwarz !!!
    Born: August 19, 1947 – Weehawken, New Jersey, USA

2. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I always thought he was older than that. He's only 10-years my senior -- I guess that means I'm getting old.

3. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Is he in anyway related to Stephen Schwarz? The guy who wrote the score for the music Wicked?

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Gotta love them Leos!

ML

5. dbacon

dbacon Mezzo Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ.
    See what happens to a trumpet player that gets into conducting!?!

All downhill from there................ :shock:

6. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Manny... with that comment I'm going to assume you are also a LEO... so am I. :-) I'm not big on the entire "birth sign" thing... but it is amazing how the personalities match up.

For some of our young TM's... if you haven't listened to any of Mr. Schwarz's trumpet recording you are missing some fine playing.
    After hearing of his b-day from our local classical radio station I pulled some of his LP's from my collection ... (round things in vinyl a bit bigger than a CD) :lol:

His cornet solos recordings are excellent. He also has a very distinctive piccolo sound. To my ear, a sweet vibrato. Without mentioning any names... some folks use a real heavy vibrato on the picc and can sound like mariachi goes baroque... :lol:

Another fine recording is by The NY Trumpet Ensemble which I believe Mr Carroll is also a part of.

Anyway, in short... his recording are worth having as part of your library.

Hey Bandman... time waits for NO ONE.... single file, one by one.. from what you've told us... you keep missing the audition date and are left stuck here with us... ;-)