Get a load of this ad....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dburdett, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Looks like he's sucking on the mouthpiece, not playing. Don't think he's a Trumpeter!

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

2. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    hey guys... this is from o five... but i thought it was hilarious... thank you older tm'ers

3. Sungman

Sungman Pianissimo User

Dec 23, 2008
    Delaware
    Seriously, what the hell is with his chops?

4. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    He has too big of lips to play with haha. eh its advertisment, no trumpet player would buy that as real. ROFL this should be on comedy central

5. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    gives a new definition to just blowing a trumpet HAHAROFL

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
  6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Instead of getting hung up on the picture, what about looking at what it stands for (there is not one link in this thread)?
    (ahts): The Boston Arts Festival Home
    I could care less if the published a picture of some pubescent brat that just brainlessly changed mouthpieces using tons of pressure and and playing like crap or professional picture of some good looking model that has NEVER had a trumpet in their hands. The sound coming out the front, the range and endurance would be VERY similar! The model at least would have an excuse.

This is not an association for music, rather the arts in general. They are in their 6th year. An amazing feat considering the bean counters activities in these trying times.

This dude has never had a trumpet in his hands but the embouchure is still quite popular and effective with french horn players. It is called "Einsetzen" in german. I have not studied the effects, but there is a bit documented about it here:

How to Play the French Horn: French Horn | eHow.com

7. omelet

omelet Pianissimo User

Oct 13, 2007
    charleston, sc
    The guy in that vid says he's doing ansetzen not einsetzen, though it looks more like the latter. Neither one describes what the guy in the picture is doing, I'd say that's more like "teeth-setzen".

8. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I can't agree. There have been many ultra fine trumpets that were built with a water key on the third valve slide.

OLDLOU>>

9. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    well my 1976 strad has a water key on the 3rd valve slide, and it playes better than those Bach run off's called B&S that all my friends use just cause its a few hundred cheaper... its made in germany sending money over seas, no offense rowuk, but yeah keep the money in american companies. Mine has that water key there, never use it hardly, and it was before the years they took it off of the bachs if I remember right.

10. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    thanks rowuk...
    any ways... marching trumpet... i would kill for a 76 strad... god i bet its great man... just playin my super here... however... if non US trumpet makers made a better horn... i would buy it... however, it seems that the us has always been on top...