Get a load of this ad....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by dburdett, Sep 6, 2005.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yeah I agree the US is always on top, though Yamaha puts up a good fight, but its to mechanized in manufacturing, the US, at least bach does, still uses some hand making process. and yes I bought the baby for 1100 still has 100% silver on it, and only a few dings, if you hold it at the right angle youll see a few very small little indentions on the bell from where I had put it down on my trumpet stand, and the plastic top of the stand taped it. but yeah she is great:play:

2. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    wow... 1100 thats a steal man... a freakin steal... wow...

3. RHSbigbluemarchingband

RHSbigbluemarchingband Mezzo Piano User

Jan 17, 2009
    wow a marching trumpet, you got lucky. I got a an early 70s strad perfect silver and we payed 1800 (originally 2400, director pulled some strings), plays excellent, one of the best horns I ever picked up. But it doesn't have a third valve water key, but I tend to empty that slide anyway, and it tends to fill up?? I don't get it.

Also that add is pretty funny, glad this thread was brought up from the depths of TM.

4. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    "Einsetzen"!?!

IsnĀ“t that for playing the Einhorn, then?:huh:

5. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    If you ever get the chance, try a 'van Laar' trumpet from the Netherlands. those things are amazing

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Naaaah,
    never. It doesn't have a water key on the third valve and sounds like crap when you suck on it like the dude in the ad.

If the guy had a pro horn in his hands, the comments would have been different.

Sofus,
    the einhorn plays itself.

a marching trumpet
    I have had enough miserable Bachs in my hands (some great ones too), but never a bad B&S. If an American company produces crap, then I don't care. Quality has nothing to do with borders. It has to do with attitudes and bean counters.