Getting a new Puje3!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by flugelgirl, Oct 16, 2016.

1. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I've always wanted a Puje, and after checking out the new ones Brent Peters is building in ME, decided to have one built as a retirement gift for myself. It's being built as we speak - check out the Puje Trumpets Facebook page and watch it come to life! Look for #18! Excited to see this baby come to life - it will be quite versatile and should be a beast of a player when it's done!:play:

2. sj3209

sj3209 Pianissimo User

Nov 22, 2006
    Amador County, Calif.
    Beautiful instruments. I've always wanted to try one. Best wishes.

3. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    What a perfect gift! Congratulations.

Rick

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  5. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Congratulations! It's like Christmas when you were a little girl, right? Enjoy

6. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    I thought that one was for you. I saw the picture that had the engraving "flugelgirl" and didn't figure it for a coincidence.

Very cool!

Kujo

7. jaemard

jaemard Mezzo Piano User

Jul 2, 2012
    San Rafael, CA
    Excellent!!!

8. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Update - on my recent trip to ME, I visited Brent at his shop and got to play a few of his prototypes, and see my horn in progress. His American Belle prototype was amazing - I could have walked away happy with it, but when I got to play a few notes on mine - WOW!!! Even in it's unfinished condition it was what I hoped it would be. With a change of mouthpiece, it can be any horn I want it to be, and has even more flexibility with combinations of lead pipes and tuning slides! I'm getting one leadpipe similar to a Bach 25, and another very open one for a nice fluffy dark flugelish sound. The two tuning slides are tighter and more open as well. Not long to wait - very excited to get it home for some real play tests!!

9. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    It's done!!! It's getting one more play test and a final buff, and should be shipped on Tuesday!!! Beyond excited - I'm not sure how I will sleep the next few nights!! Yaaayyyyy!!!:thumbsup::woop:

10. RRVancil

RRVancil Piano User

Sep 24, 2009
    Littleton, Colorado
    Kind of sounds like it's getting close to Christmas. Keep us posted.

Rick