Getting a professional horn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Sep 19, 2009.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    My King 601 is finally wearing out on me. The 1st and 2nd valves where sticking on me no matter how much I oiled them. We have a local professional come to my school every once a while and he said that the values are worn out. He also told me this might not be a bad thing because since college is coming up soon I need to invest in a professional horn. One problem, due to the change in economy money is really tight. It seems I can't even hold onto a paycheck anymore after bills. Plus I need a new horn fast! I'm currently doing a youth orchrestra, marching band, jazz ensemble, and private lessons (that cost a killing). Do any of you guys know where I can get a used horn for a very reasonable price? Like I said money is an issue. My college audition is soon.

Thanks

2. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Looks for used vintage horn in good shape: Olds, Conn or something of the kind. Pawnshops, ebay, horntrader and shopgoodwill are just to name a few. If you can find a used strad or yammie 6xxx or above could be even better, but being tight on the $ will make that difficult.

3. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Thanks for the site