Getting along with other players in your section

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Thanks Lou your too kind...

I do love my King make no mistake. Both my horns are older the me, but boy do they play. The other guys have Bach Stad's etc...

If ever I get to your side of the State and have some time I'll look you up for sure. Your a class act...

2. Clarence

Clarence Mezzo Forte User

Jun 23, 2005
    san diego
    I agree with you player, give him the d-town smack down! :D

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Clarence,

I'm glad to know you got my back dog!! Good to see you in my thread, I love reading through some of yours. You remind me of a very good freind of mine back in the "D" You rip em up in Vegas and know that I'll be living vicariously though you so have enough fun for both of us. Ya know what I mean!

Peace! :cool:

4. tinnmann

tinnmann New Friend

Mar 10, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Life has its little speed bumps!

It's unfortunate that this individual has chosen to react to you in such a maner. :-( A few years when I started playing again (started in the 3rd section as well) I had a similar experience with a section leader/1st chair player. Like some of the other guys have mentioned, let your playing be your response to him. I did and now, after three years and alot of practice, I'm the guy in the 1st chair. :oops: As for my Mr. Attitude, turns out he was like that with everyone. He never did talk to me and quit comming to rehearsals about the time I started getting the lions share of solo work. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people are speed bumps. You slow down, get over them and move on.

BTW the guy who sits next to me in two of the groups I play in has a Silver Flair from about the same era as yours. I'd probably give my left one to get that one on my list! :evil:

5. BPinard

BPinard Pianissimo User

Jun 14, 2005
    Setauket, NY
    I play 1st chair in Wind Ensemble, and 3rd in Advanced Jazz. I'm pretty content playing 3rd in Jazz, considering none of the other trumpets can solo (or even want to).

So yeah, the 1st chair in Jazz has a bit of an ego thing, but so do I (because of my soloing.

It's funny how you get an ego and you don't even notice it. I've gotten into a couple heated arguments because of it.

Don't make the same mistake!

:lol: