Getting back in the game

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nexus99, May 25, 2010.

1. nexus99

nexus99 New Friend

May 24, 2010
    My wife and I have decided to bring music into our home. She is transferring her KHIM skills (you have to look it up) to piano and I am going to see if I can figure out how to play trumpet again.

I am on the prowl for a Getzen 700 Eterna (or Eterna II)... once I have one its on :-)

Its been a loonggg time...

2. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Welcome to TM, enjoy your stay. Remember a comeback is work but it is work that is worth it.

3. nexus99

nexus99 New Friend

May 24, 2010
    Lets see if my lips can take it!

4. SteveMac

SteveMac New Friend

May 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I have also been out for about 27 years. Its not easy the first few days, but it gets easier.

5. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Welcome back! I'm just getting back into playing also and have found that this is a super place to seek advice and support. Spent 28 years thinking I could not possibly dedicate the appropriate amount of time playing again. I was wrong. Still don't have the time, but now I just sleep less at home and more at work!

As was stated, it is worth it. (Wife probably doesn't agree yet, but WHO ASKED HER ANYHOW!)

6. nexus99

nexus99 New Friend

May 24, 2010
    We just got my wife her first piano... so she is sucking just as bad as I will be :-)

7. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Wise purchase. Can't go wrong with that. I have always wanted a piano in the house. Hmmmm....ebay....piano.....get rid of that TV....

8. Jackson Arch

Jackson Arch Piano User

Mar 6, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Holy smokes! There are 3216 pianos for sale on ebay. I wonder if a USPS Flat Rate Box would handle a piano...

9. SteveMac

SteveMac New Friend

May 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I don't think they make one that big. Would love to see the mail man try to pick up that box...

10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    He'd probably just leave one of those sticky notes on your door and make you come down to the office and pick it up yourself!!:lol::oops: