Getting depressed........

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by techboy10, Jan 9, 2007.

1. techboy10

techboy10 New Friend

Sep 4, 2006
    Western Massachusetts
    Well for a Christmas present my parents ordered me a Torpedo bag but found out 2 days after they ordered it that dillonsmusic.com (the place they ordered it from) was out of stock. So I emailed them about when they expect them to be restocked and sent out and they said 2 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago. So I sent them an email yesterday about an update if possible and now they say that Topedo Bags says about 3 MONTHS!!!!!!!!! :bash: Im so angry now because Ive been waiting 3 weeks for them to ship it and now I have to wait another 3 months. :cry:

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Just hang in there, it's nothing to get depressed over. When I ordered mine, I was getting it for my birthday in April last year, I finaly got in in November. 3 months isn't that bad...

Think about it this way, if this is the worst thing that will ever happen to you, you're in for a pretty dang good life.

3. techboy10

techboy10 New Friend

Sep 4, 2006
    Western Massachusetts
    I was being sarcastic about the depression part, but it is disappointing.

4. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    If you can get it somewhere else faster then tell them you want a refund. They need to honor that if someone else can complete the sale faster than they can. The profit margin on a case is not large enough to upset a customer and effect possible future business.

By the way, in my opinion Dillon’s is a respectable business. I think that dealing with them until all possible solutions were presented would have been a much better manner of handling this than posting on a trumpet bulletin board. Please make certain that if you ask them for a solution that you repost and give them credit for how they tried to help you.

One more consideration -- is the product out of stock, and therefore the delay is out of their control? If so, it's not Dillon's fault that you need to wait 3-months. I'm sure when they told you the shorter time period that they expected to be able to deliver it withing that time frame.

5. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Forte User

Oct 11, 2004
    Farnham (a place too smal
    Patience is a....

Will finish this in three months;-)

6. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I ordered a sousaphone case from woodwindbrasswind.com. They charged me twice, the case never came (after being told for 3 months that it was on its way) and then they refunded both the charges with no explanation and they wouldnt reply to my questions on why it got cancelled.

You have it easy.

7. acebone

acebone New Friend

Dec 26, 2006
    Copenhagen, Denamark
    Hang on - I know this one:

pain in the ...., right ?

8. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    ... source of doctor's income?

ML

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Name of a place somewhere in China?

10. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    How about synco-patience -- we'll all wait together?