Getting the mouthpiece to do more of the work.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Local 357, Jan 19, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    that's because GM sounds out anything that is over 3 syllables, like phonics or something, so they are all correct. The easy words he takes for granite that nobody will catch on that they are spelled wrong. It's like doctor psychiatristic language, if you get it - then you are OK ---if you don't get it, then you correct the good doctor ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Or maybe limestone...I think the word you want is granted. Feel free to award yourself a medal...ROFL

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Dale,
    I think granite fits KT so much better. He has psychiatristic challenges.....

I don't get it, I guess that I am not OK.

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    hmmm .. don't know much about the grammar but different mouthpieces do seem to work better with different horns ...I hope we can agree on that much .... it would seem to me that all pics aren't the same either ... isn't it feasable ( 3 syllables ) that some pics are more given to deeper cups than others?

5. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Bump

Attached Files:

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
  7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    For the original version of Grammar Police description go to:
    Urban Dictionary: Grammar Police

Here is my translation of that site:
    1. Grammar Honky pigs: Dose who seek t'have co'rect English writtenonline. Dey is not opponents uh free speech, o' 1337. Dey merely wish dat dadamn fundamentals uh English is widheld. Dey gots'ta co'rect baaaad Grammar andSpellin', and flame da damn use uh ridiculous, Chav, MSN inspired abbreviashunssuch as 'wuu2'. Dey is in full suppo't uh 1337, and suppo't net slang. What itis, Mama!

Grammar Honky pigs is NOT in affiliashun wid Grammar Nazis.

-Comments on some ya'tube video-
    Idiot1: man that video sucked! Your such a n00b!
    GrammarHonky pigsDude, dig dis: Co'recshun, 'Youse such some n00b'.You's plum referred t'his 'such some n00b', and btw, de video dun did suck. Ya'know?

-On some fo'um-
    Idiot2:Woah, I just saw Aliens outside my window! There just hoveringabove my garden!
    GrammarHonky pigsDude17:'Dey're hoverin'', and no dey bloody wellain't, youse plum a lame 12 yr old, wid nodin' betta' to do dan spam deinternet. Man!

2. Grammar honky pigs: annoyin'trolls on fo'ums likes ya'tube and yahoo answers who plum LOVE t'ostracize dosewhose hands may gots slipped while typin' on deir keybo'd.

Internet User: had the worlds ended yet?
    grammar honky pigs: *Gots *wo'ld. Yo' grammar sucks a$$.
    see troll.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But KT, I'll take granite in its final state: Diamond. I'll give you my mailing address in your personal email.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Yo GMon what up wit yuo'all on the day shift? Yu beee ':, makin sense but it be NON--se=nse..*#,.. Ya'll gots tu gets them meds i9nnna sumkynda playse wer y'll con't gets att em. I sswears. :huh:

Turrrr-hic-tle

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Needs dem meds bro, needs dem meds, wit yuo'sa!

GMon

turtlejimmy likes this.