GETTING TO KNOW YOU! Holiday version

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Nov 15, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    1. Christmas or Hanukkah? Christmas

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? At my sister's house in San Francisco!!!

3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Just being with family and friends -- food would be pumpkin pie!

4. Open presents on Hanukkah nights, Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Some on Christmas Eve, then the rest Christmas morning

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? Heather (my daughter ) -- we adopted her in December, 1994!!!

6. What is your favorite Holiday song? I Wonder as I Wander

7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? Home -- have you ever been to my house??? (We're all weird here!)

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Snow on Christmas.

9. What is your favorite color? Dark blue, green and red.

10. Do you collect anything? Stents

11. Favorite place to visit? Hawaii, Mayan Riviera in Mexico

12. Love to give or get? To give.

13. White lights or colored? All white

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? Sharper Image

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? Charley Brown Christmas

16. Best on line store? Ebay

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? Christmas shopping must be over by Thanksgiving to enjoy the hoidays

18. Gift certificates or actual presents? Both

19. Favorite Holiday drink? dark beer

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? When Joni and Heather allow it -- I would do it on Halloween if they would let me!

21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? Dave

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? yes

23. Favorite cards to receive: Those that have a photo attached

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? All members of the family get gifts including the cat!

25. Coffee or tea? Tea

26. Hobbies you do when you have time? what time?

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? No more New Years Eve jobs for me!!!! Different every year -- I think I like it best when we're just at home as a family.

28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Sure do!

2. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? My house!
    3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Just being with family and friends --

4. Open presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Some on Christmas Eve, then the rest Christmas morning

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? All my family coming to visit and stay a while.
    6. What is your favorite Holiday song? O Holy Night
    7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? Southern CA, just too weird with palm trees, 80 degree weather, and Santas on the roof. Weird~

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Snow on Christmas is a good one. huge Italian family dinners!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. What is your favorite color? fiesta red, surf green, olympic white. Do you collect anything? bout 20 guitars....

11. Favorite place to visit? California, PA, FLA.

12. Love to give or get? To give, these days.

13. White lights or colored? All white!

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? any music, or musical instrument catalog will do!

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. Best on line store? Ebay / Amazon.

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? No way! I'm usually out a sometime tween the 20 - 24th.....frantic.

19. Favorite Holiday drink? Rusty Nail (scotch & Drambuie) or spiked egg nog.

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? After Thanksgiving passes.
    21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? I do.

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? yes, to relatives I won't see and far away friends.

23. Favorite cards to receive: don't care.

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? All members of the family get gifts.

25. Coffee or tea? coffee, espresso, with a lemon rind & shot of Sambuca on the side
    26. Hobbies you do when you have time? riding my motorcycle...

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? Hoem or whatever the wife wants to do because...... it's her birthday!
    28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Sure do!

3. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? Our house

3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Visiting friends

4. Open presents on Hanukkah nights, Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Eve.

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? $10,000 check from my in-laws

6. What is your favorite Holiday song? O Holy Night

7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? Florida--I couldn't handle warm weather and no snow

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Have ALL the relatives at our house

9. What is your favorite color? Dark blue.

10. Do you collect anything? Dresden figurines (my wife)

11. Favorite place to visit? Colorado

13. White lights or colored? Colored

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? Sharper Image

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? A Christamas Story, just like growing up.

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? Yes, for computers

19. Favorite Holiday drink? Custard nog.

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? We don't.

21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? We don't.

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? Yes, holiday cards

23. Favorite cards to receive: Those that have a photo attached

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? No, but they eat well!

25. Coffee or tea? Tea

26. Hobbies you do when you have time? Drag racing, billiards, pocket billiards, photography.

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? I'm stll doing NYE gigs, and my wife comes.

28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Nope

4. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    1. Christmas or Hanukkah? Winter Solstice for me personally, Christmas for my family

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? at the Grandparents' farm in N. GA.

3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Soaking in the absolute silence and peacefulness resonating around me late at night after the bombastic Christmas Eve services I just finished playing.

4. Open presents on Hanukkah nights, Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas Day

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? The gratitude of the audience whom I performed for that evening.

6. What is your favorite Holiday song? I Wonder as I Wander is a close second to The First Noel for me.

7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? Belgium

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Snow on Christmas

9. What is your favorite color? baby blue, royal purple, green

10. Do you collect anything? Yixing teapots

11. Favorite place to visit? Any coastal area - I love the ocean

12. Love to give or get? Definitely giving.

13. White lights or colored? Colors

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? Dont have one.

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? The Grinch (original cartoon)I had to add "The Little Drummer Boy". I can't believe I forgot to put that down. I own it on VHS.....first aired.....1966

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? NO WAY!

19. Favorite Holiday drink? Egg nog with Amaretto

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? A week or two before.....whenever I get in the mood.

21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? Me

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? yes

23. Favorite cards to receive: Artsy ones

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? They sure do!

25. Coffee or tea? I love strong pressed coffee (where there is sludge left in the bottom of the cup) but I also like my teas.

26. Hobbies you do when you have time? There is less and less time for those things....trumpet usually fills up that time. I love to write and work with pastels. Yoga is the thing I absolutely make time for, but it is beyond a hobby for me now.

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? Recently stopped with the gigs and spend it quietly at home. This year, I will have family visiting.

28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? I enjoy the folk-lore around the world of each culture's Santa figure and traditions.

5. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? Our house

3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Christmas Cookies.....yes, they're like any other cookies, but they're shaped like Christmas trees

4. Open presents on Hanukkah nights, Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? All on Christmas morning.....my brother and I used to get up at 7 and go drag my parents out of bed...now it's the other way around.

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? Ski Trip

6. What is your favorite Holiday song? Sleigh Ride

7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? My granparents house....hey, It's entertainment

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Playing football in my grandparents front yard....we can do that in S. Texas withoug getting too cold.

9. What is your favorite color? Blue

10. Do you collect anything? Shot Glasses....well, used to....now I just have bunch of shot glasses that I can't figure out what to do with....now I just collect mouthpieces that I have bought over the years.

11. Favorite place to visit? Red River, New Mexico

13. White lights or colored? Colored, or course

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? Cabellas and Bass Pro Shops

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? Muppets Christmas, and Charlie Brown

16. Best on line store? Amazon.com

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? Heck no....I hate crowds

19. Favorite Holiday drink? Shiner Bock

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? Usually on Christmas eve when my dad and I realize that we haven't decorated

21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? Dad

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? Most of the time

23. Favorite cards to receive: Family pictures

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? Does my little brother count??....Just kidding

25. Coffee or tea? Beer

26. Hobbies you do when you have time? Golf...badly. Skeet Shooting, maybe a little hunting here and there.

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? I like to stay at home.....remember?.....Hate Crowds.

28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Of Course!

6. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York

2. Thanksgiving at your house or someone else's? Grandma's (my in-laws)

3. What is your favorite Holiday treat? Pumpkin pie with whipped cream

4. Open presents on Hanukkah nights, Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? All on Christmas morning.

5. Best gift you ever received for the Holidays? hmm...my first Nikon.

6. What is your favorite Holiday song? Silent Night

7. Weirdest place you've spent the Holidays? My inlaws the first time. We got snowed in at Thanksgiving.

8. Best childhood memory from the Holidays? Getting up at 4:00 am one Christmas when I was a kid.

9. What is your favorite color? Blue

10. Do you collect anything? Belly-button lint. :lol:

11. Favorite place to visit? Maine coast and Virginia Beach

13. White lights or colored? mix.

14. Favorite catalog to buy from? None in particular...whoever has what I need at the best price! But, I do look forward to B&H Photo, Giardinelli and Cabela's.

15. Favorite Holiday TV Special/Movie? Charlie Brown

16. Best on line store? see #14!

17. Hit the day after Thanksgiving sales? No. I'm hunting then.

19. Favorite Holiday drink? Egg nog

20. When do you decorate your house for the Holidays? When it's not so cold your hands freeze.

21. Who puts up the outside lights at your house? Me.

22. Do you send out Christmas cards? Sometimes.

23. Favorite cards to receive: Photo cards with kids on them.

24. If you have animals (or an animal) do they get presents too? Yup.

25. Coffee or tea? Coffee. Fresh roasted (within 2 days).

26. Hobbies you do when you have time? Hunting, fishing, tying flies, nature photography.

27. Do you like to go out on New Years Eve or celebrate at home? Stay home. I don't drink, and dislike crowds.

28. Do you believe in Santa Claus? Umm...as a concept, yes.