Getzen 300 Valves?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by lovevixen555, Jan 2, 2009.

1. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Lovevixon,

What is the average warranty on valves from other manufacturers? To original owner? To others thereafter?

Why would it be Getzen's fault if the previous owner was abusive to the instrument or not taken care of it properly?

What is the standard warranty for horns by most manufacturers?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

2. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    I never said I blamed Getzen at all. I only asked them if they would look at them because they are the OEM. I figured who better to look at the valves then the company that built them. While their is some wear it is not much and is well with in a range that I would feel comfortable with calling like new! Visualy they look perfect in every way. So understand I am not assigning blame to anyone what good would that do? I am trying to figure out though why they look like new have very little measureable wear yet do not behave in the manner that they should. I am thinking about trying new springs and guides and felts. When they are freshly oiled they feel like they should but as you play them they feel of the valves deteriates quickly and the number two valve wants to stick on the return.

When my synthetic valve oil arrives I am going to reclean it again and try that and see if it help's. What ever the problem is it is so very minor that it is not even showing up on the valves as an abnormal wear patern or anything like that. Sooner or latter I will get tot he bottom of it I always do.