Getzen - a new era

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetsplus, Apr 16, 2013.

1. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    thumbs up. And with that, I'll take my 900sb and go play a 7pm performance of 'Bye, Bye, Birdie.'

2. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Just between you and me....I love my 900s Eterna Classic almost as much as my wife. They both are VERY forgiving and thats an important quality to have from both. Sometimes my Getzen gets preferential treatment and I am inclined to put more wear on my wife, gotta work harder on that. Best wishes.

3. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Congrats and much success to the Getzen family.

4. rockwell

rockwell Pianissimo User

Dec 6, 2011
    Getzens are awesome. All there is to it. Got an early '60s Eterna before Doc's name went on them. Beautiful timbre and the valves are in amazing shape consdering the horn is 50 years old.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  5. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Might as well fess up. I just became a member of the Getzen group too! I know, I know...a few of you might remember my repeated railings against piling up more and more gear. I'm so ashamed...:oops: But, you know, I didn't have a trumpet with a 1st valve slide trigger. And everyone needs at least one of those, right? So I stumbled across this 72 Severinsen from an obscure source that looked pretty good and that was priced at a level I could swallow, and I caved. Its a pretty cool trumpet! Oh, and nice valves too!:D
    Jim