Getzen Eterna

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gcast, Jan 5, 2010.

1. gcast

gcast New Friend

Apr 12, 2009
    How did Getzen distinguish their horns as Severinson models. Their is a horn for sale that was built in 1987 that just shows Getzen Eterna on the bell.

George

2. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Severinsen had broken off his working relationship with Getzen by then, so there weren't any Severinsen models at that time. The ones which were Severinsen models, when they were made, said so on the bell.

3. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    He rejoined 2001 and left again in 2003. Getzen : Company History. But yeah, 1987 was a Severinsen-less year. Not sure if there was any quality difference in the Eternas or they simply dropped his name.:dontknow:

4. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    In an e-mail from Mary at Getzen, she told me the Eterna’s are an entry level pro horn. The newer Eterna II is the step up from the student model horn. And yes it will say on the bell if it is a Severinsen, Eterna, or Eterna II.
    -Bobby

5. gcast

gcast New Friend

Apr 12, 2009
    Thank you all for the info

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I havent played a Severnson model for any extended time but the Eterna Classic is supposed to be similar. Anyone who has a Severnson just LOVES it and Getzen has a high brand loyalty. All I realy know for sure is that my Eterna Classic definitely has long legs and can do anything I ask it to and very much more. I was sold on Getzens since I played a 700 Eterna II and wound up touring the factory and play testing the entire line. For me the 900 Eterna classic fit just right, even better than the various artist models and the top of the line Genesis model. By my reconning it is the best fit for me and a damn great instrument that never seases to amaze me. Best wishes.

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    George,

I have a Getzen Eterna Severinsen that I just lucked into recently and I love it. It's lightweight and has a beautiful tone that goes from very bright to dark depending on the mouthpiece and who's playing it. A very wide variety of sounds can be gotten from it, including a bright baroque classical sound (friend Frankie with unknown mp, he just grabbed it from under the counter at our music store). Chameleon-like in the extreme would be my assessment.

Turtle

8. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    btw ...... in case there's a TMer who might be interested, there's a '64 Severinsen here locally for $165. :whistle: I don't need another one, I've been playing for 6 months. It's still there... send me a PM if anyone is interested.

Turtle

9. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Rub it in, TJ!:lol::oops:

10. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    :lol:

What is it with the Severinsens? It's like radar ..... I attract them.

But no no no .... It's up for sale here only a half hour away. I've talked to the guy but didn't go check it out. I'm pointing it out in case anyone wants it .... I can go take a look. It looks just like mine except it doesn't have Amado water keys and no 1st slide hook. I can't believe it's still up for sale, but there aren't that many trumpet players around here. :dontknow:

Turtle