Getzen Rumors

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Brett Getzen, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Brett Getzen

Brett Getzen Pianissimo User

Sep 19, 2006
    Elkhorn, WI
    Hey, I was just told of a great rumor running around that back in the day we took a bunch of Strad parts from Allied Supply and started building and selling our own counterfeit Bach Strads. While it is 100% false, I would love to know where this came from. Has anyone else heard this tall tale?

Brett Getzen

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Creative editing...did it.

Just like the news networks!

3. Solar Bell

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    We have not heard that rumor here.

4. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    You moonlighting for NYT now, Chuck?:cool:

5. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    HI Brent ,

my son has done very well playing your horns , and he is very proud of his Artist Sterling Trumpet 1950's ??, Schilke 12 mp., we have plans to get a new Eterna Sterling in the near future .
    Daniel was practicing on his Capri last night , what a beautiful sound , his ability to hear the differences in the cornets has really improved . mp,, shilke 8e2,,getzen deluxe ML came with the 80 power bore.
    Our Copra Temp Cornet and the Artist Trumpet both have bottom sprung valves and the case style are the same , so I am wondering when did Getzen change from bottom springs to top springs ?
    The 80 Power Bore and Super Deluxe have top springs.
    Thank You !

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  6. Jurandr

Jurandr Pianissimo User

Feb 23, 2008
    Illinois
    Lovevixen555 was a real nut. Figures (s)he would come back to haunt us. But I'm not too sure if LV is the source of this rumor. A quick google search proved that they were a little active on trumpet herald as well, and let's face it nobody has time or patience to read through ever single one of 633 abnormally long and un-formatted posts. The rumor definitely started somewhere, but I don't think Lovevixen555 started it.

7. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    He definitely repeated it:

"I have heard stories that when Conn bought Bach that they only took the best pieces of harware and left almost all of the part's behind and all of the mandrells that they where not interested in. Allied Supply bought all the parts they left behind. People have mentioned how their Bach Strad was built for them by buddies that worked at Getzen or Allied Supply with part's that they had purchased fromt he OEM when they sold to Conn."

8. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    People have recognized suspect posts of alleged L***Vixen On the oTHer sight. Different name, same personality and poor spelling.

9. Solar Bell

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    What name is he using over THere?

10. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    I'll have to research that. It shouldn't be hard for me to find. I don't read much there, or post.