Getzen Rumors

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Brett Getzen, Apr 23, 2009.

1. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    lovevixen555 = capt.kirk...seems fitting as the guy is a space cadet!!!

oh sorry, was that crossing the line?

2. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009

Forum: trumpetherald.com

Capt.Kirk, yes, I mean, no!

3. Gaucho Viejo

Gaucho Viejo Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2008
    Palouse, Washington
    What an obvious fabrication . . . how much are you charging for `em, Brett? Truthfully the assertion is way out of line and, it seems to me, easily fits the description of defamation of character. If Brett can track down its origin I hope he really puts the screws to whomever it was - passing this kind of crap anonymously around a trumpet forum is pretty cowardly.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Actually, even if it were true, where would the problem be? I would buy a Bach from a nice guy like Brett. It would have better valves in any case - and a while back - much better quality control. I also know of no Getzens with rotted out tuning slides and leadpipes.

This may be a great business idea - A Getzen NY Model 43G or Chicago C 229H.

5. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA

Lovevixen555's tirades?

Unbelievable!!! (pun intended) :roll:

Best wishes,

Lloyd

6. Gaucho Viejo

Gaucho Viejo Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2008
    Palouse, Washington
    I agree Rowuk - what I was thinking sounded a little defamatory was the notion that someone within Brett's organization had done these "on the sly" and sold them "out the back door" with the name Bach on them - in other words had made them with the intent to deceive. If they had stamped "Getzen NY Bach" on them there'd be no problem. Kinda like Taylor and Kanstul reverse engineering Committees and old French masterpieces.

7. cbdmd

cbdmd Pianissimo User

Dec 31, 2007
    East Coast
    Those that dare not speak his name...don't miss him...lol. May be L.Vixen should go by Lord Voldemort....ROFL

8. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    That's exactly how i felt and tried to express my feeling, our horns are in great shape considering their age .:play:

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes, well that's why good spelling, correct grammar, and proper punctuation is important ...... nah! it's the intent of the communication - many of us don't spell very well, but we wouldn't want to be identified as a LV (Troll) now would we? - but Bachstul is correct, be on the lookout for people who for some unknown reason want to spoil all the learning, the fun, and the great conversation we experience here.

10. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    Must be Spada ROFL He is doing such a wonderful job on those strads that sometimes...why the hell there is still Strad which are not Spada's? ROFL...Why not having Getzen improved Strads?