Getzen Rumors

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Brett Getzen, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bagmangood

bagmangood Forte User

All of those combo horns sound really good to me,

2. No_Ego_Less_Problems

No_Ego_Less_Problems New Friend

Aug 13, 2010
    IL
    Who would want any Strad parts beyond 79 anyway?

Don't believe the hype!

One reason Getzen would never need to do that is, well, their valves are the best in the world.

I do kinda wonder why Getzen started using the "Strad" style of bracing, maybe that's what got this stinky pile a-steamin'. Any comments, Brett?

3. Kayin

Kayin Pianissimo User

May 30, 2010
    Most all standard bracing nowadays looks pretty blasted similar. Form over function.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    How bracing looks is not significant. What it does is. Well implemented bracing makes the horn sound even, behave itself dynamically and lets the player hear themselves without shortchanging the audience. There are defined places on the horn where bracing makes sense. The tuning slide braces add a certain amount of acoustic stability which is preferred by many players. That does not make it "Bach Style".

5. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    I just purchased my first Getzen. A vintage Getzen 300 Series Cornet. It will be shipped tomorrow.

6. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Brett...Love my Eterna Classic (2009). It outperforms my Xeno hands down. Say hi to Mary back at the shop for me. Also remind her I still would like a new shirt if she ever gets some in again. Thanks. Larry

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Yes, my Getzen T shirt's gone to God too - I only get to wear it when painting the house nowadays.