Getzen/Schilke connection?

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by dixiedaveb, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dixiedaveb

dixiedaveb New Friend

May 25, 2005
    southern california
    Anybody hear that Getzen backed the new owners of Schilke? I don't know if this is true but have heard it from several players. Details?
    Merger? What gives?

2. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Andy Nauman, the new owner of Schilke, used to work at Getzen. That is public knowledge. Beyond that, I know nut-ting............

3. dixiedaveb

dixiedaveb New Friend

May 25, 2005
    southern california
    Getzen & Schilke

Backing means financing--money. I heard a couple of versions of the story and have no idea if any are true. One versions is that a member of the Getzen family helped to finance the Schilke deal.

4. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    While this may be interesting news and information, does it really have any effect on the horns themselves?

5. dixiedaveb

dixiedaveb New Friend

May 25, 2005
    southern california
    I don't know what effect this could have on the horns if it is true. I do know that when companies merge, often the quality suffers or improves. Will they share info, plants, parts, etc??? Could a disgruntled Getzen family member be putting money into a competitor? A super trumpet in the works???
    Just trying to find out what's going on.........................

6. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Ah...sorry, I probably should have worded a bit differently - I realize that sometimes mergers can have a huge effect on the products being produced. Take Bach Strads for example. There are some BIG differences between what was made at Mt. Vernon and what's produced in Elkhart.

However, if it is ONLY a financial thing and business is more or less the same as usual at the Schilke facilities, it might not have much of an effect at all.