Getzen super deluxe

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by vrrodri, Dec 30, 2008.

1. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    With a caliper, digital or dial type, measure the I.D. of the second valve slide crook tubing.

OLDLOU>>

2. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    thanks , Oldlou , i wiil try to get some calipers today , some where on horn-u-copia i found they are .460 .
    my son is very proud of it , we have been looking a long time .
    deluxe model copra temp ,bottom sprung valves

3. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    hello again, oldlou
    i just bought my son another horn from ebay $305.00 ,a super deluxe tone balanced,, i really thought i would loose it my max. price was 325.00 ,, you can see a photo in our albums .
    It seems i am getting a small collection now , Daniel is now beginning to play alot more . now his school horn is the copra temp ,, it was the power bore , his teacher did not like the 580s .
    Daniel now has three new horns in two months , after reading your other post's about the Tone Balanced , i can hardly wait for it to arrive . i will keep you up to date . michael, daniels dad

oh what do you know about the copra temp ,who might have played them ?
    i have so many questions to ask , hey if you like to visit Alaska let us know we have room !!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

5. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    {That is a very tempting offer. If I was 30 years younger at age 43 and in better health I might have taken you up on that one. old lou}

at 51 i can say i understand , i have been raising three children alone 5 years now , trust me i say it makes me feel young .

but it is never to late Lou, drive ,fly or ride the boat , i have done all three when your feeling the itch "scratch". let me know ok ,, thanks

6. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
  7. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    MFfan

that is a very interesting list , hard to stop reading . thanks for sharing .

8. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    **Deleted**

9. lovevixen555

lovevixen555 Banned

Nov 5, 2008
    Michigan
    MFFan what really catch's my eye on that list is first how few Bach's are on that list when you look at the total entries. Second on few Bach 180-37 ML's are on that list most of the Bach's listed are 43 or 72 bells. You would think that with that many great artist's that their would be more Bach's inthe mix then their are. In fact a good portion of the instrements listed are today not even considered pro-horns by many eliteist! That in fact makes me laugh hard especialy when you see a student model in the mix insome of those entries!!!

10. daniel starz

daniel starz Piano User

Jan 11, 2009
    wasilla alaska
    Not knowing much about the horns , i seen that a few did include student horns , makes me wonder is it that they started on them or could and did make them sing .
    i found reading the stories about the many artists was fascinating , gives me some things to talk about with my son .
    i am sorry at 51 and bad ears , i can only enable my son .