Getzen water keys

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jsongsun, Dec 23, 2011.

  1. tedh1951

    tedh1951 Utimate User

    Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    There is another interesting drain valve used in aircraft Pitot / Static air lines which consists of a small spring loaded ball valve. The spring holds the valve open unless there is pressure in the line when it immediatley self seals. Blow down the line - the leak stops. Stop blowing - the valve opens and the system automatically drains. i'm not sure what they are called - but I'll do some research.
  2. rowuk

    rowuk Moderator Staff Member

    Jun 18, 2006
    Why not just put a rotary valve open on one side there instead of the water key. No leaks, no turbulence, no tension - only a full bore size faucet and some additional mass!

Share This Page