Gianni Amidei Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Liad Bar-EL, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    For my main mpc I use a custom one (really 4) from Gianni Amidei who also makes them for Andrea Tofanelli who is the top recording trumpet player in Italy.

[email protected]

Liad Bar-EL

2. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    When Andrea was playing with MF's band in Italy, Maynard wanted to look at Andrea's mpc. Maynard said, it's the same as his mpc. Of course this mouthpiece maker can make any mouthpiece you want; however, for Andrea, his requirements equalled to what MF uses.

I have found that this make of mouthpiece will center the notes better than Bach, the sound is richer, the chops have more cushsion which lengthens endurance and my range is more stable.

This mpc maker is a trumpet player and engineer; so, he knows specifically what he is doing in making mouth pieces.

Liad Bar-EL

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I'm a trumpet player and an engineer....and I haven't the foggiest notion of what I'm doing! :D

4. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    "Foggiest notion" as an engineer or as a trumpet player? :lol:

This mouthpiece maker seems to have gotten the making of a mouthpiece down to a very precise operation and seems to be very successful at it.

You engineers are precise about everything and maybe to much so when it comes to even self evaluations. :D

Liad Bar-EL

5. Harrelson1

Harrelson1 New Friend

Sep 25, 2005
    Maryland
    So, LIad, where can one buy such a mouthpiece? :dontknow: