Girl 20 Year old Artist with Norwegian chamber orchestra--really good!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by HSOtrumpet1, Nov 30, 2008.

1. HSOtrumpet1

HSOtrumpet1 Pianissimo User

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
  2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    She is a female, a woman, a lady, but no girl. Let the words artist, musician, trumpeter, virtuoso, define and if necessary, label her. Give her the respect she is due. Calling her a girl labels YOU.
    veery

3. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    I don't really care male, female, or whatever she is certainly a great player.

4. trumpet_man

trumpet_man Piano User

Jan 17, 2008
    Wyoming
    This sucks, whenever someone posts a youtube video on here, it never works for me. If it were a link on the other hand, then it would work, but the videos right on the thread never word. Could I get the link so that I could watch it? Thanks.

5. deebee

deebee New Friend

May 11, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    For trumpet_man: if you're ever stuck, one way round it is to download the source code for the (forum) page then use your "find" function to look for the relevant bit of text ... in this instance, "youtube". Copy and paste. In the meantime, here's the URL with the dots spelt out so it won't automatically "parse" (is this the right term?):

www DOT youtube DOT com/watch?v=ASB6hFUat4g

6. HSOtrumpet1

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
    You're right Veery... I still don't think it was wrong to call her a girl...but it would be more proper to say she is a woman

7. HSOtrumpet1

Nov 28, 2008
    Michigan
    For all of you who have trouble watching this, just go to Youtube and search Tine Thing Helseth and Haydn Trumpet Concerto 3rd Mvmt.

8. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA

A little harsh maybe?? :thumbdown:

She is a wonderful player, a little generic at times, but wonderful to listen to non-the-less. Really enjoy the video!

9. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    She's 20, and not a girl. I find your title inappropriate. Please have more respect for artists.