giving negative feedback on ebay

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by entrancing1, Aug 17, 2011.

1. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for all the advice friends. I have modified the feedback to neutral and left in my comments that the horn was shipped with no packaging.

2. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Sounds fair and accurate.

3. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Make sure you put him on your blocked bidder list, or someday you will sell something for 99 cents and he will buy it and put you through the neg. feedback hell.

Word up.

4. entrancing1

entrancing1 Mezzo Piano User

Feb 16, 2010
    Buffalo, NY
    Thanks for the heads up.

5. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    This feedback thing has gone completely meaningless. The rates of positive feedback seen on e-bay aren't close to reality and people take it way too personally. I once ordered a textbook on an e-bay affiliate. After the transaction was done and I actually had paid for the book, the seller changed her mind and figured she might still need it. Even though the transaction could never be completed (and I got my money back), I had to leave feedback. I opted for neutral and she went bezerk, sending me a bunch of e-mails to plead her cause. She seemed to be part of that generation that got used to get things simply by whining about it long enough, but I left the neutral feedback. What else could I do on a transaction that never actually took place? It's not like I got the book in my hands with anything positive to say.

6. bobd0

bobd0 Piano User

Jan 10, 2009
    The horn arrived undamaged and apparently was shipped in an acceptable time frame since you don't say otherwise. I would have left positive feedback and maybe dinged the seller on his shipping rating with something less than five stars, and maybe included a few words in my feedback reply about packing.

I bought an Olds cornet a few weeks ago for $50. It was in nice shape. The seller shipped it in its case which was packed well inside a box but the horn still became damaged in shipment (main water key snapped off). I contacted the seller. He refunded half my purchase price to defray the repair cost. I was satisfied.

When I ship a horn I wrap the horn in shrink wrap then put it inside its case then pack the case inside a sturdy box with plenty of packing material to protect it and keep it from moving around in there. I've never had a problem yet *crosses fingers* but many people don't understand what happens to shipments once they enter the supply chain so they take the easy way out as far as packing. They're luckier than they realize when a shipment arrives undamaged but it's still no reason to give negative feedback, IMO, since the instrument arrived OK and the transaction was completed in a satisfactory fashion. You got the horn you paid for in good condition in a timely fashion. What more can you ask?

7. superviking805

superviking805 New Friend

Apr 4, 2009
    I recently received an Olds cornet shipped in the case with a label stuck to the outside, no box or tape on the latches to keep from springing open. In the EBay listing I could see the mouthpiece in the same compartment with the horn so I asked the seller to secure the mouthpiece before shipping. He wrapped the mouthpiece with electrical tape and had a 2" piece of tape knotted through one of the two holes in the mouthpiece holder. The banging around of the mouthpiece in shipping ripped the holder loose from the inside of the case. Nothing else was damages so I gave him good feedback with a Poor for shipping.

8. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    The seller's responsibility is to deliver your purchase without damage--that was done. Negative feedback was inappropriate. Neutral feedback was inappropriate. The seller completed the terms of the contract. Just because you don't like the way it was done does not give you the right to leave negative feedback. You need to review eBay's terms of use and guidelines for feedback.

Peter McNeill likes this.
  9. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    +1 ...but I would make a comment on it.

10. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    Was the horn damaged during shipment??
    If not -- give him positive feedback and perhaps e-mail him your concerns so he might ship differently next time.
    If the guy has 100% feedback you are really nscrewing with him. For what reason?
    If your hoen was damaged then....negative feedback due to damage during shipping is proper...