Gmonady found you an Eclipse

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rapier, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Nice Eclipse Flugel for sale in Texas. Assuming that Texasbrassandwind, is in Texas. Saw it on EBay and thought who do I know that needs this? And you instantly sprang to mind.:roll:

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And we all need an occasional mineral oil to achieve a good bowel movement as well at times. Thanks so much for thinking of me. I am honored.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  3. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Man, that place has a lot of pricey instruments.... Nice horns, but not for the faint of heart

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ed... I fixed that typo you made up there... not a problem... That's what friends are for.

5. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The Eclipse flugelhorn is the best instrument Leigh makes.

It is worth whatever you pay for it.

When I was an Eclipse dealer, that was the flagship horn, I have nevr played a bettr flugelhorn.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I honestly would be thrilled to play this horn. If Chuck gives it such high regard, then it has to be a top of the line horn. If one ever comes close by to my neck of the woods, or Chuck, if you know a dealer in the Southwestern Ohio region, do let me know. I am truly now intrigued to try one of these horns.

I was totally enthralled by the Kanstul as a result of a trumpet hang I attended and of course a Kanstul dealer was present to help me when I finally decided to make my most recent horn purchase. I now do wish an Eclipse dealer would have been present. To be fair, I really do need to compare.

Thanks also to Rapier for giving me a heads up. Keep up your vigilant surveillance as I truly am honored that you have so much faith in this horn, that you would like for me to try it out for a spin.

7. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    SB, never said it wasn't a fine instrument. I will concede that, as well as the other instruments for sale at the same time. Lots of very fine, well-regarded instruments that nobody says disparaging things about. I just can't afford any of them, that's all. You get what you pay for, and all that....

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    it is interesting as I forgot about this thread. Quiet interestingly, it was Rapier that got to come over to the Kanstul 1525. Rapier really is wise beyond his years.

9. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Here is some of that wisdom.
    The Eclipse is better made than the Kanstul. Sound wise they are both great but the Kanstul is a slightly easier instrument to blow. I regret being persuaded to sell my Eclipse to a mate, but have no regrets about buying the Kanstul to replace it.

If I was looking for a flugel and both were side by side, I'd pick the Eclipse because of the better build quality.

Here endeth the lesson.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Nah... the lesson does not end as Rapier is wise beyond his years and has keen insight. He is correct on this comparison. The Kanstul is a dent sink, just waiting to happen. I have it into my tech about every other month, so much so that he has given me a 30% discount on dent repairs... so I guess some good comes out of this.:dontknow: