Going to be in Sacremento/Rocklin area...jam anyone?

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by NickD, Dec 4, 2004.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

After my Christmas gigs on 12/25, my family and I are going to fly to Sacremento to visit my borhter, Pete, for a few days. They live in Rocklin, which is about 20 miles outside of Sacremento, if memory serves.

I am looking for a jam session(s) or big band scenario where I might be able to sit in. When we were in Toronto last summer, I found some places (plenty, actually!) where I could do this and I brought my son, an aspiring jazz musician, with me. I was hoping that in the greater Sacremento area, there might be some places like this.

The only nights that we might be able to pull something like this off would be 12/27, 12/28 and 12/29, though Wednesday night would have to be later, if at all. On Sunday, afternoon might be cool, though I don't know how that would fit the family plans.

Pete would probably love to do this, and HIS son is an aspiriging rock star drummer type, though he did play in the Rocklin High School jazz band his freshman year.

If any of you Sacremento/Rocklin area members hacve some thoghts along these lines, why not just email me at...

[email protected]

No need to respond here, unless you really want to.

Thanks in advance.

Peace, all.

Nick Drozdoff