Golden Mark on my trumpet...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetytrump, May 31, 2014.

1. trumpetytrump

trumpetytrump New Friend

Feb 27, 2014
    Birmingham, England
    }

2. trumpetytrump

trumpetytrump New Friend

Feb 27, 2014
    Birmingham, England
    Yes, thanks. it's probably the best idea.. I'll call him and see if he can do that for me..

3. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    So your trumpet is actually levitating while you play? Amazing discovery! How do you do it?

4. trumpetytrump

trumpetytrump New Friend

Feb 27, 2014
    Birmingham, England
    Haha yes! It's quite a party trick :D

5. Newell Post

Newell Post Piano User

Mar 31, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    1. Has the horn been previously re-plated? It is rare for the factory plating to come off in this location unless the brass was prepped wrong. (As noted previously.) But re-plating usually doesn't last as well as the factory job.
    2. Any chance it is new enough to still be under warranty?
    3. Even if it is fairly new but out of warranty, you might try contacting Bach. It looks like a plating defect. They might do something about it if the horn is new enough.

6. trumpetytrump

trumpetytrump New Friend

Feb 27, 2014
    Birmingham, England
    Well, I only got it in January 2013, so it isn't that old. However, I'm not really sure how old it actually is, as I can't track down the serial number anywhere. I could try contacting Bach, but I'm not actually sure how old it is. The serial number is 000196, if anybody could tell me how old it is that would be great.

7. Newell Post

Newell Post Piano User

Mar 31, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I seriously doubt the serial number is 000196, unless it was hand made by Vince in 1925. Here is a site to lookup the serial numbers for Bach.

Vincent Bach Serial Numbers - Trumpet - BachLoyalist

I believe at least some Bach models come with a 5 year warranty. But I don't know if it is transferrable if you bought it used. It is certainly worth doing a little checking.

8. ConnDirectorFan

ConnDirectorFan Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2010
    United States
    Serial 961000? The only issue is, I thought all Strad serials were parallel to the bottom caps, so as long as the horn is upright [valve tops at top], then it's legible?

9. Newell Post

Newell Post Piano User

Mar 31, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Here's an interesting tidbit... I went to the Bach website to check on warranty term information. The links to "view product warranty" all come up "page not found." Are they trying to weasel out of their warranty obligations? Or do they just have a crappy webmaster?