Good-Basic-Lessons-FOR FREE

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by crowmadic, Oct 2, 2009.

1. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    Go to YouTube. Search 215th Army Band trumpet lessons. You'll find 10 of them. What a blessing for returning players like myself who never had the luxury of proper instruction. What's great about these videos is that beside "explaination," there's "demonstration". My interest is primarily in playing Jazz. I have a prominant teacher now, and lots of good Jazz musician friends who are helping me put a dent in my playing dificiancies. Simply put, there are many things on those videos I need to learn, or do better, but I don't want to take time from learning jazz, theory, style, and improvisation.

check it out.........
    crow

2. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    You are right. I have 4 grandkids who are also starting out and I have had them watch these videos several times. They are a great resource.

Here is the link to Lesson #1 for those who want to check this out.
    YouTube - Trumpet Lesson #1 - Air and Embouchure

3. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    I know these movies because they were my first "teacher" when I start playing ...

4. crowmadic

crowmadic Mezzo Piano User

Oct 3, 2006
    marsuleu,
    I'm assuming that you are an advanced player now. Did you ever find yourself doing things differently than your first instructions with the videos?

crow

5. mlrenick

mlrenick Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Ft. Myers, Florida
    I love those videos

6. marsuleu

marsuleu Piano User

Mar 30, 2009
    Bucharest , Romania
    I'm not such an advanced player ( I do not deserve to play an 4335G :D, it is more advanced than I am ) , but when I started ( in october 2007) I was completely noob . I did everything differently from the videos. in summer 2008 I found this videos and realized why I do not evoluate. in june 2009 I got my real teacher and things became better .

Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
  7. HenryK

HenryK New Friend

Jan 16, 2010
    Olympia, WA
    I just discovered these yesterday (first day back after 24 years) and they are great. I wish I had something like that when I was in school.

8. kctrumpeteer

kctrumpeteer Piano User

Dec 23, 2009
    I came across these videos on Youtube and really like them. However I also started taking private lessons 3 months ago and I don't get anything new from the videos, but they are still probably the best thing that I have seen on the Internet. I wish that they could make another 10 videos for the intermediate trumpet player. Although the lessons and suggestions for studies could in theory take you to the end of your trumpet playing days especially if you were to make it all of the way through Arbans.

I have watched all of the videos multiple times... well done and much better than a lot of stuff on youtube.