Good gig bag?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetKid93, Jul 3, 2011.

1. TrumpetKid93

TrumpetKid93 New Friend

Jun 5, 2011
    Hello.

I'm looking for a good quality gig bag for my Bach horn (my case has quite a bit of metal and no place for a shoulder strap). Something that'll free up my hands so I can help carrying equipment from our trailer to the venue (or practice, since I walk to a lot of my band's gigs or practices) whilst providing good protection for my Trumpet.

Are there any bags that you guys would recommend?

2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  3. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Try Bandnow bag - cheap as. I carry 4 mutes, plus rags, oil, and glasses and also fits the mute holder in the front sleeve. I think about $30 in USA.

4. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
  5. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    If you have the cash Torpedo Bags are as good as it gets.

Torpedo Bags

6. Peter McNeill

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Yep, agree fully - Torpedo are at the top. I was thinking cheap but functional.
    Torpedo do not have the space to carry all the gear, and mute stand.

7. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    If you value your horn do not use a soft bag, they are known as the repair mans friend. From experience my Eclipse had slight damage while in the bag that came with it, must have taken a knock that caused the third valve to stick and slide to stiffen. A minor repair for my tech but I would have preferred it had not happened.

Having learned my lesson I will only take my horns out now in a good quality hard case.

Regards, Stuart.

8. 12erlgro

12erlgro Pianissimo User

Oct 29, 2010
    Norway
    MB Cases

MB cases, a little pricy but im never going back to anything else, they have good space room for mutes, mouthpieces and other stuff, i personally have the doubble flight case, i use as a gigg bag and the tripple trumpet case. Good luck!

9. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    The downside of MB and Torpedo except price is their weight. But I guess that you can't have it all...Nobody mentioned ProTec - they are good compromise, good price, medium protection and you can get all kind of combinations and number of horns, but not as tough and customizable spaces as offered by MB.