Good to be Back

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by prls1power, Jul 30, 2013.

1. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Hey everyone! Well i'm glad to say that i'm back! I've haven't been posting in a while because life got busy. I can now say that i'm a happily married man! When you hear people say how complicated a wedding is with all the little details, and how fast it flies by when it actually happens, its true. There was so many last minute details that caught up with my wife and I, that I almost wanted to blow my brains. But everything was worth the annoyances. Now that is out of the way, I managed to snag a nice horn amidst the craziness of wedding stuff. I got a super nice 1961 Bach Mercury Mt. Vernon. Overall it is in great shape, no dents other than a crinkle in a bell that has been smoothed out by my tech. The valve compression is unbelievable for a horn this age. It came with the original case which is a little rough but all the latches work, and all the Mt. Vernon badges are there. The topping on the cake is that it came with the letter and Mt. Vernon envelope to the original owner with contains the care instructions and the warranty papers with matching serial numbers to the horn. I'll post pics up soon!

The best part about the horn is that it plays phenomenal. It has a dark and smokey sound that is missing in my other 2 horns. My friends can tell you that i'm an avid hater of Bach Strads. I don't know why, I just can't mesh with them, nothing personal if you own one. So it is a pleasant surprise that I have fallen in love with this horn. I know that this horn is basically a strad but without all the bells and whistles, but you know what, I like that. I like that out of all the Bach trumpets out there, the Mercury is kind of like the black sheep in the crowd IMO. Right now, the horn is in the shop getting a 3rd slide trigger installed. I gotta have that tuning slide adjustment, but I wanted to do something a little more unique.

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Congratulations on your happy marriage --- but, didn't you just add a BELL or a WHISTLE to your horn???? ROFL ROFL ROFL ---- in any case -- I also have a trumpet with the original papers (a 1 owner trumpet before I got it, with some bits and pieces of history the previous owner left inside before he passed away, so it's just interesting to know a bit of where the trumpet has been, and what the previous owner knew about it) --- have a great day

3. Comeback

Comeback Forte User

Jun 22, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Welcome back, and congratulations concerning your marriage and your Mercury!
    Jim

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Welcome back!! So are you now a "comeback, comeback player"??? :roll:

5. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Seems you married bigamously - your wife and the new hooter... congratulations! Just take care that the two get on with each other...

6. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Congrats on both relationships.

7. Cornyandy

Cornyandy Fortissimo User

Jan 9, 2010
    East Yorkshire
    And don't ever get the two mixed up!

8. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Congrats!

9. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Thank you all. From the beginning of the relationship, my lady knew about my love affair with trumpets. She understands and respects my horns for what they are and what they mean to me. With all that said and done, she capped me at 10 horns. Seeing that I only have 3, LET THE N+1 FEVER BEGIN!!

10. prls1power

prls1power Piano User

Feb 11, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    NAH......I never stopped playing lol, I just didn't have time for you old geezers till now!