Good Trumpet Quotes

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by TrumpetMonk, Aug 5, 2009.

1. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    From the song....."You blow in here, and the music goes round and round...and comes out here." :play:

2. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    From Dizzy Gillespie, discussing the proper breathing and support for playing the trumpet: "...remember, if you a**hole ain't tight, you ain't got it right!"

bigtiny

3. oljackboy

oljackboy Pianissimo User

Feb 26, 2009
    Falls Church, Virginia
    "I think I'm gonna go on down to the Vanguard and listen to Maynard play all them high notes."
    -Miles Davis

4. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    OUCH! HAHAAHAH. Sarcasism at its' finest or is this for real?

5. oljackboy

oljackboy Pianissimo User

Feb 26, 2009
    Falls Church, Virginia
    Real quote according to either Leonard Feather or Dan Morgenstern from "Down Beat" magazine. Included in the liner notes on one of Maynard's albums from the late sixties.

6. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    Really? Wow. I wonder what the back story to that quote is? Is there some bad blood that I'm not aware of?

To contribute to the thread: Revelation's 8:6. Let's see if y'all know how to use a Bible.

Remember the old Dewey Decimal System or card catalouges used in libraries? The other day I was in the library, the power to the network (internet) went down... no one could figure out how to find their books!! They just stared at the physical card dump like it was a new piece of technology! HAAHA. I live a blessed life.

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    "Come with uncle and hear all proper. Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited."

Anthony Burgess, A Clockwork Orange

8. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    "Don't keep your trumpet in the trunk, or in the car during the Winter, so after ice forms inside it and moves the brass, we don't have to read your posts, "Why does my valve do this, or why does water leak out here...."

9. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Winter? Ice? Trunk? - I don't even own an overcoat. Here it is, virtually the middle of winter and I travelled to work in a short sleeved shirt. Ahhh, God's Own Country - Oz. :D

10. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    tedh. ...tedh....? You know, you're my favorite, and I love you, man........

But, But!!! You are on Earth. !:-o

I know, yes, for a fact it gets cold down there. And yes, I will avoid the cliché's. I hate that "down under" bologna........

Blessings to you and your family, BTW. You're the best, my friend.