Good Warm up and Cool down Exercises

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by wezley, Nov 1, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Read my quips: "This is accomplished by slurring, pedal tones, scales, long tones..." Ain't nothin' 'bout fee buzzing here. So what's the buzz?

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Wait, wait, wait:

Fee buzzing is different than free buzzing. I have no problem with either.

Warming down simply does not help rejuvenate the muscles - even if a great trumpet player likes to do it. This is not true because I say so. It only requires basic knowledge about how muscles get "tired".

3. DaTrump

DaTrump Forte User

Oct 21, 2011
    Huntsville, Texas
    So with rejuvenation of the lips being impossible by warming down, how about considering it as a way to loosen everything up after a long gig which might give that player a few more high notes, but not rejuvenate the lips. I consider it lie running, you can run seven miles and then can't move anymore but after a few minutes break you can run maybe another half mile. Thats what warming down for me is, just a quick rest to get back into the game

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That it is, that it is. Can't blame that typo on my trigger valve configuration on my horn fatiguing my first index finger, as I have use my fourth digit for that hand's third valve trigger. Or is this a Freudian finger slip? Because I do get some fee buzzing when my patient's get my bill.

And did you note OP, Rowuk and my advice are in agreement: Warming down will not rejuvenate muscle? I will let Rowuk bill you for this advice as I do not want to risk any more fee buzzing.

5. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    My name is Robin, not bill and what I offer here is for free.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh, but with the one liners going by in this thread, I believe it is! Robin Williams [correction: the formal version of Bill]. Now we know the true identy of Rowuk!

7. rowuk

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I wish.........

Actually my favorite Robin Williams can be seen here:
    Robin Williams